Re: GLPSOL in webassemby faster than native ?

From: Heinrich Schuchardt
Subject: Re: GLPSOL in webassemby faster than native ?
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2020 00:51:54 +0200

On 9/30/20 10:02 PM, Michael Hennebry wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Sep 2020, Domingo Alvarez Duarte wrote:
>
>> I found why GLPK in wasm was faster with "--cuts" option than native,
>> it was due wasm using qsort from muslc that is a "stable sort", I've
>> added it to my GLPK repository and running all models in the
>> "examples" folder only "color.mod" produces a different solution (that
>> seems to be valid anyway).

My expectation is that all sort algorithms produce the same result if
you supply a sort key that is different for all elements.

Could you, please, elaborate where in the GLPK code you see a problem
due to an incomplete sort key?

Do you generally observe a faster solution time? Or do you have single
model that when solved in a specific sequence that by chance is produced
by muslc is faster?

Best regards

Heinrich