Re: AW: [Fwd: Portable version]

From: Heinrich Schuchardt
Subject: Re: AW: [Fwd: Portable version]
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2020 17:06:56 +0100

On 02.11.20 16:53, Andraschko, Bernhard wrote:
> Hi,
>

> thank you for your answer! Changing LD_LIBRARYY_PATH in the glpsol file
> worked. But is there a way to create a completely portable version, i.e.
> one that I can put anywhere on my file system without changing this
> variable?

If you use a shared library the operating system must know where to find
it. LD_LIBRARY_PATH is one way of telling where to search.

You can link glpsol statically with all involved libraries. Then you
don't have to care about library locations anymore.

This is what Domingo suggested.

You can use the ldd command to find all linked shared libraries.

Best regards

Heinrich