Help: Switching between different objective function

From: Manuel Castro
Subject: Help: Switching between different objective function
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2020 18:55:55 +0000

Hi there,

I am wondering how I can use an if statement to switch between different objective functions.
For example, how do I represent the following:

If (StatusFlag_X == 1 && StatusFlag_Y == 0) then
      minimize cost: sum{i in I, j in J} c[i,j] * x[i,j];
end if

If (StatusFlag_X == 0 && StatusFlag_Y == 1) then
      minimize cost: sum{i in I, j in J} c[i,j] * x[i,j] + d[i,j] * Y[i,j];
end if

Both are mutually exclusive, i.e. either you do one or the other, i.e. both objective functions will never be activate at the same time

This is what I used to do in "mosel" language from FICO Xpress (I don't have a license anymore so I am discovering GLPK ). How can I do this in GLPK language? What's the workaround that we can use for this?

Many thanks in advance for your help. It's really appreciated.

Kind regards,
Manuel.