help-gnu-arch

[Help-gnu-arch] Help composing a sample session

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: [Help-gnu-arch] Help composing a sample session
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 19:10:08 -0500 (EST)

I'm trying to write a sample Arch session for a survey paper I'm
working on, and failing.

Here's my sequence of commands;

  # Clear all arch state
  rm -fr {arch} {archives} ~/.arch-params/ .arch-ids foo.txt address@hidden

  tla my-id "Eric S. Raymond <address@hidden>"
  mkdir {archives}
  tla make-archive address@hidden {archives}/2007-example
  tla my-default-archive address@hidden
  tla archives
  tla whereis-archive address@hidden
  tla archive-setup example--trunk--0.1
  tla categories
  tla branches example
  tla versions example--trunk
  tla init-tree example--trunk--0.1
  echo "This is a one-liner file." >foo.txt
  tla add foo.txt
  tla make-log

The last command echoes this:

address@hidden

I then edit the log file,

The problem cones when I try to commit:

commit: tree has no patch log entries for version
    tree: /home/esr/public_html/writings/version-control
    version:address@hidden/example--trunk--0.1

This log message is actually missing its trailing \n, so my next
shell prompt is run on to it.

What am I doing wrong here?

The people cannot delegate to government the power to do anything
which would be unlawful for them to do themselves.
        -- John Locke, "A Treatise Concerning Civil Government"