Subprocesses on NT

From: Douglas Lewan
Subject: Subprocesses on NT
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 15:33:37 -0400

I'm building a small proof-of-concept demo
(or at least I think I am) to show how we
might integrate GNU emacs into our development
environment.

Life is, of course, good on Linux.

On windows NT it's all a mess as far as I can tell.

I believe that the correct components are
1. gnuclient/gnuserv
2. GNU emacs
3. subprocesses (for communication with
   the existing environment).

It *looks* like the following annoyances are true
under windows NT.

1. I can only have one subordinate process running
   at once.  In my case, since gnuserv is invoked
   on start up, no other subprocesses can start.
2. Subprocesses in GNU emacs on Windows NT have
   stdin closed on them.

Are these two behaviors real?  Are they insurmountable?

Thanks.

--
,doug
Douglas Lewan