switch-to-buffer-other-window

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: switch-to-buffer-other-window
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 12:43:47 -0600 (MDT)

Just like switch-to-buffer-other-frame always creates a new frame, I
would like switch-to-buffer-other-window to always split the current
window, rather than selecting another window if the frame is already
split into more than one window.

Is there an option I'm not aware of that provides this behavior, or
do I have to advise switch-to-buffer-other-window (or pop-to-buffer, or
display-buffer)?

--
Kevin Rodgers <kevinr@ihs.com>          Lead Software Engineer
Information Handling Services           Electronic Systems Development