Emacs bug with Windows filenames?

From: Todd Wells
Subject: Emacs bug with Windows filenames?
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 11:09:59 -0800

I attempted to open a file named "viewSessionUpdate[1].txt" with Emacs on
the Windows NT platform -- using C-x F it did a successful tab-completion of
the filename, but when I hit Enter it said "No files match
`k:/AppConnTester/viewSessionUpdate[1].txt'"

When I renamed the file and removed the brackets, it opened just fine.  I
tried escaping the brackets like "\[1\]" and that didn't work either.

-Todd