Problem with installing JDE

From: Martin Burrow
Subject: Problem with installing JDE
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 02:37:27 -0000

Hello,

I don't have Linux / UNIX installed on my machine so I have downloaded the
Windows 98 version of emacs (version 20.7).  I have also installed the most
recent versions of JRE, JDK, SDK.  I have downloaded JDE 2.2.5, unzipped the
files.  I then
modified my _emacs file to the follwing: -

setq load-path
        (nconc '(
                   "C:/Program Files/emacs-20.7/macs-20.7/lisp"
                        "C:/Program Files/jde-2.2.5"
                )
      load-path))
(require 'jde)

But when I start emacs I get an error saying:
"cannot open load file", "jde"

I have also tried:-

setq load-path
        (nconc '(
                   "C:/Program Files/emacs-20.7/macs-20.7/lisp"
                        "C:/Program Files/jde-2.2.5/lisp"
                )
      load-path))
(require 'jde)

But when I start emacs I get an error saying:
"cannot open load file", "semantic"

Any ideas what might be the problem? I have tried changing all the
backslashes to forward and vice versa in the _emacs file.

Many thanks!

Martin Burrow