sending mail

From: Martin Stenzel
Subject: sending mail
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 16:34:18 +0100

Hi there,

I have the problem not being able to send mail.

OS: Debian GNU/Hurd
MTA: exim
MUA: emacs 20.

I can send mail using the MUA mailx to another domain, however, when
trying to send with emacs nothing
happens (no error msg, no hang).
my /var/log/exim shows no error msg either, however, there is no entry
at all which means,
exim was not contacted by emacs.
emacs on the other hand writes "using sendmail...bla bla"
exim is configured to be sendmail-compliant

Any suggestions?

P.S. I made sure that exim is running, I made sure that it is not an
error on my side (works with Linux).
Could there be some kind of misconfiguration on the emacs side?

TIA, Martin.