Re: initial posts

From: Charles Sebold
Subject: Re: initial posts
Date: 29 Nov 2000 07:38:33 -0600

On 2 Kislev 5761, Francesco Scaglioni wrote:

> For some reason I only seem to receive follow-up posts and never the
> initial ones.  Has anyone got any suggestions as to how I can correct
> this.  With the amount of snipping and citation (all in favour) that
> goes on it is hard sometines to fathom out exactly what the initial
> question was.

I suspect that this may have to do with gnu.org's listserver not quite
working correctly; that is, it doesn't always gateway the newsgroup
(gnu.emacs.help) to the mailing list (help-gnu-emacs) and vice versa.

It seems to me like I have seen most email posts cross over to the
newsgroup, where questions get answered but the answers are never
ferried back to the person who asked on the mailing list.

If you can possibly connect to the newsgroup (either through a proper
nntp server or through Deja.com), you will get a much better overview of
the questions and answers.
--
Charles Sebold
Random Answer to an Emacs Very Frequently Asked Question:

 -- Klaus Zeitler, in gnu.emacs.help