Re: Emacs mode-line-format

From: Ehud Karni
Subject: Re: Emacs mode-line-format
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 13:28:39 +0200

On 06 Jan 2001 23:14:22 +0100, Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE (Kai
=?iso-8859-1?q?Gro=DFjohann?=) wrote:

> > I am running Emacs 20.3.1 (i386-suse-linux) under (of all things)
> > SuSe Linux, kernel 2.2.10.  I have line-number-mode set to true.  It
> > does not, however, show the line number, but only two question marks
> > ("??") where the line number should be.
>
> See the variable line-number-display-limit.  Note that this is
> characters (or bytes?), not lines.

This can be caused by long lines (> 200) too. I wrote a patch for that
and I know it has already been put into the emacs 21 sources (It must
be done in C sources, can't be fixed by elisp alone).

Ehud.

--
 @@@@@@ @@@ @@@@@@ @    @   Ehud Karni  Simon & Wiesel  Insurance agency
     @    @      @  @@  @   Tel: +972-3-6212-757    Fax: +972-3-6292-544