RE: Displaying tabs

From: Deephanphongs, David
Subject: RE: Displaying tabs
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 11:40:49 -0500

Three ways:

simplist way - turn off c-mode:
ESC x text-mode

Medium way - rebind [TAB]:
ESC x global-set-key
TAB
tab-to-tab-stop

hard way - turn off c-mode's indentation - I have no idea how
to do that completely..

I suspect that you'll have to do this every time you start emacs -
possibly even for every c-file that you open.
If you want to avoid that, you'll have to do more stuff:
For solution 1, remove .c, .cc, .cpp, .h, from the auto-mode-alist
variable.
For solution 2, add
(local-set-key '[tab] 'tab-to-tab-stop)
to your c-mode-hook..