Re: Gnus

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Gnus
Date: 14 Jan 2001 14:21:37 +0100

On Thu, 11 Jan 2001, Kalyan Mukherjea wrote:

> I am struggling with Gnus. I cobbled up a small .gnus file by
> looking at the manual pages.

To be able to help you in more detail, we have to have a look at the
.gnus file.  Can you show it?

> Then I subscribed to comp.emacs, comp.emacs.xemacs and
> comp.text.tex: (I use Xemacs at home GnuEmacs at work.) But no
> matter what I do every time I reopen the group buffer does not show
> all three.

By default, Gnus hides groups if all articles in them are read.  Type
`L' to see them all.

> Also, at home inevitably Xemacs crashes.

The XEmacs gurus tell me it's not supposed to do that, no matter what
Gnus does.  This is bad.  I'm sure somebody can tell you how to submit
a bug report that helps the maintainers figure it out.

kai
--
Be indiscrete.  Do it continuously.