Re: printing japanese text

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: printing japanese text
Date: 23 Jan 2001 10:39:37 +0900

> I tried to print a buffer containing some japanese text.  ps-print
> complained that it can't find some fonts, and if I insisted on
> printing, then it printed squeres instead of the japanese
> chartacters.  Where can I find the fonts it misses, and how should I
> install them?

Note that if you have a japanese printer (with pre-installed japanese
fonts), you can set the variable `ps-multibyte-buffer' to `non-latin-printer',
and ps-print should obediently emit the characters for the printer to handle
(also see the docs for other possible settings of that variable).

[Apologies if I missed something in your original post -- my system only
has Eli's reply.]

-Miles
--
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra.  Suddenly it flips over,
pinning you underneath.  At night the ice weasels come.  --Nietzsche