Re: Auto-indent new lines?

From: G Annamalai
Subject: Re: Auto-indent new lines?
Date: 02 Mar 2001 11:35:47 +0530

"Mark Newby" <mark.newby@ntlworld.com> writes:

> How can I make Emacs and/or XEmacs on Win32 automatically indent new lines
> to that of the current line?

auto-newline minor mode of CC Mode would do that for you.

Add this to your .emacs file

(add-hook 'c-mode-common-hook
   '(lambda () (c-toggle-auto-hungry-state 1)))

and you would get what you want.

This hungry state turns on auto-newline and the hungry-delete minor
modes.

I would suggest you to read the info pages for "CC Mode".  There are
a lot of customisations that you could do.

Cheers,
anna
--

If it wasn't for C, we'd be using BASI, PASAL and OBOL.