Re: Auto-indent new lines?

From: Mark Newby
Subject: Re: Auto-indent new lines?
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2001 15:27:26 -0000

No, it doesn't.  I've tried opening a .c file and it doesn't work in that
either --all I get is the TAB key turned off, which is so anoying.  Surely
this is basic behaviour of any coding environment, yet it's not even
supported in what's meant to be the best editor in the world!  I need it to
do it in shell script, html, perl, etc, in fact, doing it in all files would
be ideal --why isn't it default?  Maybe I should ask for it to be...

Doesn't anybody write code in Emacs?  What should I use instead then?

Mark