Filename in panel buttons

From: C. Brian Ivey
Subject: Filename in panel buttons
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 18:01:43 -0400

Dear List,

I have been using Emacs for a short period of time. I often up several files, each in a new editor (I know I could use the same editor, but prefer to do it this way). When I do this I have trouble telling which file is opened in which editor. Unless I get lucky I have to click through all of the buttons on the panel. I do this because the name used for each button is the same. On my machine at home it is "emacs@localhost.localdomain". How do I change this to only show the filename.

Thanks,
Brian Ivey