Not echoing input or output temporarily to a process, using comint

From: Ian Swainson
Subject: Not echoing input or output temporarily to a process, using comint
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 16:22:24 +0100 (IST)

Hi All,

I'm attempting to mangle together my first elisp application, and I seek advice.

I want to send some SQL to a comint buffer already attached to Oracle SQL,
without either the string itself or the output generated by the process being
echoed. I just want to catch the output into a list, without the user seeing
the output - this is for convenience only, it doesn't have to be secure. Is
there any way to do this? Or will I have to open up a new (invisible) comint
session and send and receive my data in the background? That would be a pain: I
don't want to have to open up a whole new connection to the Database just to
parse some SQL. Or can I attach more than one buffer to a process, and make
my 'working' buffer use the same process as the user has connected to already?
Send-invisible is my freind for the sending, but what about the output?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,
Ian

--