Re: Pasting from WinVNC viewer to Solaris vncserver fails

From: Ehud Karni
Subject: Re: Pasting from WinVNC viewer to Solaris vncserver fails
Date: Sat, 5 May 2001 22:52:01 +0300

On Thu, 3 May 2001 13:30:29 +0100, James ''Wez'' Weatherall <jnw22@cam.ac.uk>
wrote:

> X uses two different clipboard formats, only one of which is directly
> supported by Xvnc.
>
> Which application can't you paste into?  Pasting into Xterms, for example,
> inside an Xvnc session, from applications running on the client Windows
> machine, works fine.
>
> James "Wez" Weatherall

I had this problem with Emacs on Linux. After your email I checked it
with xterm and found that it worked. I could paste into the Xvnc xterm
and when I marked it in the xterm it copied successfully into Emacs.

I checked the possible various Emacs functions to paste from the X
clipboard and found that `x-get-cut-buffer' does paste directly from
the client VNC.

Ehud.

--
 Ehud Karni     Mivtach - Simon  Insurance   /"\
 Tel: +972-3-6212-757 Fax: +972-3-6292-544   \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign