problems with tabs

From: Alfonso Acosta
Subject: problems with tabs
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 00:17:08 +0200 (CEST)

Hi:

I run Emacs at home with linux and goes fine. At my
university they have emacs too (running with windows).
There, my problem is the following:

After pressing enter in fundamental mode, Emacs aligns
next line with last one by including tabublators.
Everyone knows that editing program scripts with an
editor which includes tabs is not a good thing.
I tried changing text alignment options, but there
were no results. I discovered that pressing "M-x
untabify" replaces tabs with normal spaces, but it
inst a solution to do that each time I want to compile
a file. Can anybody help me?

Alfonso Acosta

P.S: I attached the _emacs file.