theres no .emacs nor _emacs!!

From: Alfonso Acosta
Subject: theres no .emacs nor _emacs!!
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 16:43:27 +0200 (CEST)

Hello!

I have both windoze and linux in my PC. In the emacs
distribution for windoze (20.7) theres no _emacs or
.emacs file. The only similar file I can find is a
file called fns-20.7.1.el in the /emacs/bin directory.
I thought that was the file I should modify to install
new modes but I did the same thing as  with the linux
distribution and it doesnt work. I attached the file
to make it easier to help me. The mode which doesnt
work is the last one "Haskell-mode". Thanks a lot for
those persons who helped my with my last question:

Alfonso Acosta

P.S: Why there isnt a _emacs file?