Re: 2 questions

From: Ehud Karni
Subject: Re: 2 questions
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 19:21:25 +0300

On Mon, 23 Jul 2001 14:25:42 +0200, Jesper Holmberg
<jesper.holmberg@enst-bretagne.fr> wrote:

> 1. My backspace key works as I want it in X, if I run Emacs in graphical
> mode. It also works in the console. However, if I run Emacs in text mode
> under X (i.e. with -nw), backspace seems to generate ctrl-h. Why is
> this?

This is not Emacs problem. When you work in text mode Emacs get the key
according to your X key map. You can change it  with xmodmap.

> 2. Is there a way to get Emacs to use bash-style menu-completion in the
> mini buffer? I.e. to completely fill out the first possible completion
> when pressing "tab", and then letting consecutive "tabs" cycle b/w the
> possible completions?

I'm not aware of an Emacs package that works exactly as you describe,
but you can check the complete.el and icomplete.el packages (I use the
complete.el).

Ehud.

--
 Ehud Karni     Mivtach - Simon  Insurance   /"\
 Tel: +972-3-6212-757 Fax: +972-3-6292-544   \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign