Re: Multiple file search and replace

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Multiple file search and replace
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 20:20:45 +0200

On Mon, 23 Jul 2001, Neil Gow wrote:

> Does anyone have copies of the files that they could email me or
> point me to somewhere I could get them from.  Or is there now a
> better way of ding multiple file esrahc and replacements?

If you put (require 'dired-x) in your .emacs file and mark several
files in dired and then type Q, you can do multi-file query-replace.

Note that M-x find-dired RET allows you to have a recursive directory
listing.

There is ibuffer.el which is a replacement for M-x buffer-menu RET (or
C-x C-b) and can do this on buffers:

http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/~walters/

kai
--