Re: uppercase (was: Problem with Info in 21.1.14)

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: uppercase (was: Problem with Info in 21.1.14)
Date: 24 Jul 2001 10:13:53 +0900

those who know me have no need of my name <not-a-real-address@usa.net> writes:
> >In this specific case, you can type `your infopath M-- M-u -- sometimes'
> >and the M-- M-u magically turns your `infopath' into `INFOPATH'.
>
> finding the right balance is a bitch.

I just have M-u, M-l, &c, rebound to new commands that operate on the
_previous_ word ... actually they operate on the `current' word, but
I've defined that so it happens to the be previous word if point is
followed by whitespace or at the end of the buffer.

So whenever I type lots of UPPERCASE words, I just type the word in
lower-case, and then do M-u, very simple, the cursor doesn't move, and I
just continue typing.  [actually, my new commands operate on sexps
rather than words, so they do the convenient thing in the case of
UNDERSCORES_IN_SYMBOLS -- though it's occasionally surprising if point
happens to be too near to a parentheses...]

-Miles
--
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra.  Suddenly it flips over,
pinning you underneath.  At night the ice weasels come.  --Nietzsche