Outline mode similar to "Browse Customization Groups"?

From: Rob Crutchfield
Subject: Outline mode similar to "Browse Customization Groups"?
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 23:00:28 -0400

Hi

I want an outline mode that has the "tree" format of  the
"Customize Browser" interface (menu bar option
Help/Customize/Browse Customization Groups, as implemented in the
GNU Emacs v. 20.7.1 Win32 port). Does anybody know if something
like this has been done? Or how I might get started doing it?
(I'm a programmer, sort of, but not yet familiar with elisp.)

Thanks
Rob Crutchfield