[W3] Changing the text/plain viewer

From: Fabrice Bauzac
Subject: [W3] Changing the text/plain viewer
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 15:36:31 +0200

Hello,

In the W3 browser, when I "click" (with the keyboard) on a link that
gives a text/plain content, W3 chooses "more" as the viewer, which is
a really bad idea under Emacs.  I think it finds the text/plain->more
association when it parses /etc/mailcap.

So /etc/mailcap is fine, but Emacs, as a special exception, shouldn't
use "more" to view that type of data.

I hope there is a variable that permits me to override mailcap's
text/plain entry.

I searched in the url-, w3-, mm- variables but I couldn't find the
variable I was looking for.  Could anyone tell me what to do?

TIA.

--
fabrice bauzac
Software should be free.