locale.alias

From: Ed LaFrance
Subject: locale.alias
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 09:53:05 -0700

Hello out there -

On a fresh install of RH 7.0 (Intel), working in text mode (no X-window as this is a webserver) I launch emacs and get this error:

Opening input file: no such file or directory, /usr/lib/X11/locale/locale.alias

I have seen this on other systems as well. If I provide a file name argument when invoking emacs, the error causes the file to not be loaded into the buffer.

Does anyone know what emacs wants here, so I can make this go away?

TIA -

Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax