Re: replacement with variable

From: Ehud Karni
Subject: Re: replacement with variable
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 20:47:51 +0300

On Tue, 21 Aug 2001 10:55:40 -0700, Bingham, Jay <Jay.Bingham@compaq.com> wrote:

> Sure there is a way but you will have to write some elisp to do it.  Since
> you are asking I assume that you are not familiar with elisp.
> So the next question is do you want someone to write this for you or are you
> willing to tackle it yourself?

I wrote the code a long time ago, I posted it to
gnu-emacs-sources@gnu.org on 2000-01-02. Here is my posting in
full, read it (carefully) and take what you want.

Ehud.

This is my added commands for non incremental search & replace.
It does string/word/regexp search, It has history for the search and
replace strings (using ring). It does search backward, forward or all
(using occur).

It contains an extension (hack) to `perform-replace' that can benefit all
users the ability to give a function instead of the constant replacement.
This enables the extension of search-and-replace in many ways (I use
this feature to make successive numeric values as replacement) and I hope
it will be included in future version of emacs.

The version has one major drawback - it uses my "compute.el" for
computing the successive numeric replacement values. If you do not want
this feature just add the definition:
    (defun compute (&optional expr nomsg) "Dummy compute" 0)

To work with my package you have to load it and define keys to the
various commands you wish to use.

  Command                 Does                          My Key
  =======          =======================              ======
  locate-text      search with prompt                   f5
  locate-next      repeat last search forward           S-f5
  locate-previous  repeat last search backward          f12
  locate-all       find all occurrence (with prompt)    S-f12

  replace-txt      search & replace with prompt         f7
  replace-next     repeat last replace forward          S-f7
  replace-previous repeat last replace backward         f14
  replace-all      repeat replace forward up to eob     f27

  unix2pc-lf       Add CR to each end of line           (no key)
  pc2unix-crlf     Replace each CR-LF by LF only        C-x C-m

Note: You can get it by email (8 bit mime compliant).
   Email to:  auto_mail@unix.simonwiesel.co.il.
   Subject:   "files" (one word, no quotes).
   1st line of the content: "ekreplace.el.gz" (one word, no quotes).
   The file will be automaticly sent to the reply address.

To get the compute.el package:
   Email to:  auto_mail@unix.simonwiesel.co.il.
   1st line of the content: "compute.el.gz" (one word, no quotes).
   The file will be automaticly sent to the reply address.

Any comments and suggestions are welcomed.

Ehud.

;; -*- mode: emacs-lisp; unibyte: t; -*-
;; Copyright (C) 1992 - 1999  Ehud Karni <ehud@unix.simonwiesel.co.il>
;; This file is part of Ehud Karni (EK)'s additives for GNU Emacs.

;; GNU (EK) Emacs is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
;; but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY.  No author or distributor
;; accepts responsibility to anyone for the consequences of using it
;; or for whether it serves any particular purpose or works at all,
;; unless he says so in writing.  Refer to the GNU Emacs General Public
;; License for full details.

;;
;;              EHUD   KARNI
;;              Ben Gurion st'   14
;;              Kfar - Sava    44 257
;;              ===================================
;;              <kehud@iname.com>  972-(0)9-7659599
;;              ===================================

;;     RCS: $Id: ekreplace.el,v 1.101 1998/11/11 12:45:46 ehud Exp root $

;;     LOG: $Log: ekreplace.el,v $
;;  Revision 1.101  1998/11/11  12:45:46  ehud
;;  No change. Last revision for 19.34.
;;
;;  Revision 1.100  1996/02/19  10:32:48  ehud
;;  Initial RCS revision

;; Everyone is granted permission to copy, modify and redistribute
;; GNU Emacs, but only under the conditions described in the
;; GNU Emacs General Public License.   A copy of this license is
;; supposed to have been given to you along with GNU Emacs so you
;; can know your rights and responsibilities.  It should be in a
;; file named COPYING.  Among other things, the copyright notice
;; and this notice must be preserved on all copies.

;; (require 'replace)      - replace.el does not provide it !!

;;hacked perform-replace from 20.5/lisp/replace.el
(defun perform-replace (from-string replacements
                        query-flag regexp-flag delimited-flag
                        &optional repeat-count map)
  "Hacked by Ehud Karni <ehud@unix.simonwiesel.co.il>
to allow a function name in `replacements' 23/12/96.
Subroutine of `query-replace'.  Its complexity handles interactive queries.
Don't use this in your own program unless you want to query and set the mark
just as `query-replace' does.  Instead, write a simple loop like this:
  (while (re-search-forward \"foo[ \t]+bar\" nil t)
    (replace-match \"foobar\" nil nil))
which will run faster and probably do exactly what you want.

If `replacements' is a function, it is called with 3 arguments -
FIXEDCASE LITERAL COUNT. FIXEDCASE & LITERAL are the same as for
`replace-match', COUNT is replacement count, it is <0 if last replacement was
not really done (query-replace), else it is the real next count (1st=0)."

       (or map (setq map query-replace-map))
       (and query-flag minibuffer-auto-raise
            (raise-frame (window-frame (minibuffer-window))))
       (let ((nocasify (not (and case-fold-search case-replace
                                 (string-equal from-string
                                               (downcase from-string)))))
             (case-fold-search (and case-fold-search
                                    (string-equal from-string
                                                  (downcase from-string))))
             (literal (not regexp-flag))
             (search-function (if regexp-flag 're-search-forward
'search-forward))
             (search-string from-string)
             (real-match-data nil)         ; the match data for the current
match
             (next-replacement nil)
             (replacement-index 0)
             (keep-going t)
             (stack nil)
             (next-rotate-count 0)
             (replace-count 0)
             (nonempty-match nil)
             (limit nil)                   ; If non-nil, it is marker saying
where in the buffer to stop.
             (match-again t)               ; Data for the next match.  If a
cons, it has the same format as
                                           ;; (match-data); otherwise it is t
if a match is possible at point.
             (message
                 (if query-flag
                     (substitute-command-keys
                       "Query replacing %s with %s:
(\\<query-replace-map>\\[help] for help) "))))

           ;; If region is active, in Transient Mark mode, operate on region.
           (if (and transient-mark-mode mark-active)
               (progn
                   (setq limit (copy-marker (region-end)))
                   (goto-char (region-beginning))
                   (deactivate-mark)))

           (if (stringp replacements)
               (setq next-replacement replacements)
               (or repeat-count (setq repeat-count 1)))
           (if delimited-flag
               (setq search-function 're-search-forward
                     search-string (concat "\\b"
                                           (if regexp-flag
                                               from-string
                                               (regexp-quote from-string))
                                           "\\b")))
           (push-mark)
           (undo-boundary)
           (unwind-protect
               ;; Loop finding occurrences that perhaps should be replaced.
               (while (and keep-going
                           (not (eobp))
                           ;; Use the next match if it is already known;
                           ;; otherwise, search for a match after moving forward
                           ;; one char if progress is required.
                           (setq real-match-data
                                 (if (consp match-again)
                                     (progn (goto-char (nth 1 match-again))
                                            match-again)
                                     (and (or match-again
                                              (progn
                                                   (forward-char 1)
                                                   (not (eobp))))
                                          (funcall search-function
search-string limit t)
                                          ;; For speed, use only integers and
                                          ;; reuse the list used last time.
                                          (match-data t real-match-data)))))
                   ;; Record whether the match is nonempty, to avoid an
infinite loop
                   ;; repeatedly matching the same empty string.
                   (setq nonempty-match
                         (/= (nth 0 real-match-data) (nth 1 real-match-data)))
                   ;; If the match is empty, record that the next one can't be
adjacent.
                   ;; Otherwise, if matching a regular expression, do the next
                   ;; match now, since the replacement for this match may
                   ;; affect whether the next match is adjacent to this one.
                   (setq match-again
                         (and nonempty-match
                              (or (not regexp-flag)
                                  (and (looking-at search-string)
                                       (match-data)))))
                   ;; If time for a change, advance to next replacement string.
;; my addition, check if `replacements' is a function and call it
                   (if (and (symbolp replacements)
                            (fboundp replacements))
                       (setq next-replacement
                             (funcall replacements nocasify literal
                                      (if (= next-rotate-count replace-count)
                                          (setq next-rotate-count (1+
next-rotate-count))
                                          (- next-rotate-count)))))
;; end of my changes --------------------------------------------------
                   (if (and (listp replacements)
                            (= next-rotate-count replace-count))
                       (progn
                           (setq next-rotate-count
                                 (+ next-rotate-count repeat-count))
                           (setq next-replacement (nth replacement-index
replacements))
                           (setq replacement-index (% (1+ replacement-index)
(length replacements)))))
                   (if (not query-flag)
                       (progn
                           (set-match-data real-match-data)
                           (replace-match next-replacement nocasify literal)
                           (setq replace-count (1+ replace-count)))
                       (undo-boundary)
                       (let (done replaced key def)
                                   ;; Loop reading commands until one of them
sets done,
                                   ;; which means it has finished handling this
occurrence.
                           (while (not done)
                               (set-match-data real-match-data)
                               (replace-highlight (match-beginning 0)
(match-end 0))
                                       ;; Bind message-log-max so we don't fill
up the message log
                                       ;; with a bunch of identical messages.
                               (let ((message-log-max nil))
                                   (message message from-string
next-replacement))
                               (setq key (read-event))
                                ;; Necessary in case something happens during
read-event
                                ;; that clobbers the match data.
                               (set-match-data real-match-data)
                               (setq key (vector key))
                               (setq def (lookup-key map key))
                                       ;; Restore the match data while we
process the command.
                               (cond
                                    ((eq def 'help)
                                           (with-output-to-temp-buffer "*Help*"
                                               (princ
                                                   (concat "Query replacing "
                                                           (if regexp-flag
"regexp " "")
                                                           from-string " with "
                                                           next-replacement
".\n\n"

(substitute-command-keys

query-replace-help)))
                                               (save-excursion
                                                   (set-buffer standard-output)
                                                   (help-mode))))
                                    ((eq def 'exit)
                                           (setq keep-going nil)
                                           (setq done t))
                                    ((eq def 'backup)
                                           (if stack
                                               (let ((elt (car stack)))
                                                   (goto-char (car elt))
                                                   (setq replaced (eq t (cdr
elt)))
                                                   (or replaced
                                                       (set-match-data (cdr
elt)))
                                                   (setq stack (cdr stack)))
                                               (message "No previous match")
                                               (ding 'no-terminate)
                                               (sit-for 1)))
                                    ((eq def 'act)
                                           (or replaced
                                               (progn
                                                   (replace-match
next-replacement nocasify literal)
                                                   (setq replace-count (1+
replace-count))))
                                           (setq done t replaced t))
                                    ((eq def 'act-and-exit)
                                           (or replaced
                                           (progn
                                               (replace-match next-replacement
nocasify literal)
                                               (setq replace-count (1+
replace-count))))
                                          (setq keep-going nil)
                                          (setq done t replaced t))
                                    ((eq def 'act-and-show)
                                           (if (not replaced)
                                               (progn
                                                   (replace-match
next-replacement nocasify literal)
                                                   (setq replace-count (1+
replace-count))
                                                   (setq replaced t))))
                                    ((eq def 'automatic)
                                           (or replaced
                                           (progn
                                               (replace-match next-replacement
nocasify literal)
                                               (setq replace-count (1+
replace-count))))
                                           (setq done t query-flag nil replaced
t))
                                    ((eq def 'skip)
                                           (setq done t))
                                    ((eq def 'recenter)
                                           (recenter nil))
                                    ((eq def 'edit)
                                       (let ((opos (point-marker)))
                                           (goto-char (match-beginning 0))
                                           (save-excursion
                                               (funcall search-function
search-string limit t)
                                               (setq real-match-data
(match-data)))
                                           (save-excursion (recursive-edit))
                                           (goto-char opos))
                                       (set-match-data real-match-data)
                                       ;; Before we make the replacement,
                                       ;; decide whether the search string
                                       ;; can match again just after this match.
                                       (if (and regexp-flag nonempty-match)
                                           (setq match-again (and (looking-at
search-string)

(match-data)))))
                                    ((eq def 'delete-and-edit)
                                           (delete-region (match-beginning 0)
(match-end 0))
                                           (set-match-data
                                               (prog1 (match-data)
                                                   (save-excursion
(recursive-edit))))
                                           (setq replaced t))
                                               ;; Note: we do not need to treat
`exit-prefix'
                                               ;; specially here, since we
reread
                                               ;; any unrecognized character.
                                    (t
                                           (setq this-command 'mode-exited)
                                           (setq keep-going nil)
                                           (setq unread-command-events
                                                 (append (listify-key-sequence
key)
                                                         unread-command-events))
                                           (setq done t))))

                             ;; Record previous position for ^ when we move on.
                             ;; Change markers to numbers in the match data
                             ;; since lots of markers slow down editing.
                           (setq stack
                                 (cons (cons (point)
                                             (or replaced (match-data t)))
                                       stack)))))
               (replace-dehighlight))
           (or unread-command-events
               (message "Replaced %d occurrence%s"
                        replace-count
                        (if (= replace-count 1) "" "s")))
           (and keep-going stack)))

;;======================= real start of ekreplace.el ==========================

(require 'ring)

(defvar search-string "" "Saved search string for search/replace operartions")

(defvar search-indicator nil
  "*Search indicator for locate / replace (nil=string 0=word 1=reg-exp)")

(defvar search-prompt "" "Search / Replace prompt (string word reg-exp)")

(defvar repl-string ""
  "Saved replacment string for replace operartions. When it contain \\# it is
special. In each successive replacement all the \# are changed to number
according to user parameter (see description of `repl-num-values')")

(defvar repl-num-values '(nil " " "%d" 1 0)
  "A list of 5 elements for incremental numeric replacement.
1st element is the current numeric value to replace the \\# in `repl-string'.
2nd element is the expression to compute the next numeric value. If it contains
    `#', the `#' is replaced with the current value, else the current value is
    prepended to the expression. The computation is done with `compute'.
3rd element is the format to output the number. Usually %d but maybe any string.
4th element is the cycle count: how many times to use the current numeric
    value before computing the next one.
5th element is the replacement count within the cycle, normally 0.")

(defvar search-history nil "history list for searches")

(defvar replace-history nil "history list for replacements")

(defun set-search-prompt (arg)
"Set prompt for search / replace get string according to prefix arg.
it may be: 0-word, 1-regular expression, else-simple string"
  (interactive "P")
       (if arg
           (cond
               ((= arg 0)
                   (setq search-prompt "Word ")
                   (setq search-indicator 0))
               ((= arg 1)
                   (setq search-prompt "Reg-Exp ")
                   (setq search-indicator 1))
               (t
                   (setq search-prompt "")
                   (setq search-indicator nil)))))

(defun get-search-string (arg)
  "get and save user-specified text string in search string variable.
prefix arg may be: 0-word, 1-regular expression, else-simple string"
  (interactive "P")
       (set-search-prompt arg)
       (setq search-string
           (read-string (concat search-prompt "Search: ")
                        search-string '(search-history . 1))))

(defun locate-text (arg)
  "Locate string input by the user. prefix arg may be:
        0-word search, 1-regular expression, else-simple string"
  (interactive "P")
       (get-search-string arg)
       (locate-next arg))

(defun locate-next (arg) "Locate next occurrence of search string"
  (interactive "P")
       (if (string-equal search-string "")
           (get-search-string arg))
       (if search-indicator
           (if (= search-indicator 0)
               (re-search-forward
                   (concat "\\W" (regexp-quote search-string) "\\W"))
               (re-search-forward search-string))
           (search-forward search-string)))

(defun locate-previous (arg) "Locate previous occurrence of search string"
  (interactive "P")
       (if (string-equal search-string "")
           (get-search-string arg))
       (if search-indicator
           (if (= search-indicator 0)
               (re-search-backward
                   (concat "\\W" (regexp-quote search-string) "\\W"))
               (re-search-backward search-string))
           (search-backward search-string)))

(defun locate-all (arg) "Locate all occurrence of string (in other window)"
  (interactive "P")
       (let ((src-i 9)
;;           (hysyn (char-syntax ?-))
              oc-src)
           (if (string-equal (buffer-name) "*Occur*")
               (other-window 1))
           (get-search-string arg)
           (if search-indicator
               (setq src-i search-indicator))
           (if (= src-i 1)                         ;; 1=reg_exp, leave as is
               (setq oc-src search-string)
               (and (setq oc-src (regexp-quote search-string)) ;;0,other-quote
regexp
                    (= src-i 0)                    ;; word: add delimitors
                    (setq oc-src (concat "\\W" oc-src "\\W"))))
           (occur oc-src)
;;         (modify-syntax-entry ?- (char-to-string hysyn))
           (other-window 1)
           (define-key occur-mode-map "\r" 'occur-mode-goto-occurrence)))

(defun get-replace-string (arg)
 "get and save both user-specified text string to search (search-string)
and replacement text string (repl-string) variables.
prefix arg may be: 0-word replace, 1-regular expression, else-string"
  (interactive "P")
       (set-search-prompt arg)
       (setq search-string
           (read-string (concat search-prompt "Replace: ")
                        search-string '(search-history . 1)))
       (setq repl-string
           (read-string "Replace with: " repl-string '(replace-history . 1)))
       (if (not (string-match "[^\\]\\\\#" (concat " " repl-string " ")))
           (setq repl-num-values (cons nil (cdr repl-num-values)))
           (let ((curr (nth 0 repl-num-values))
                 (expr (nth 1 repl-num-values))
                 (fmt  (nth 2 repl-num-values))
                 (cycl (nth 3 repl-num-values))
                 (cldn (nth 4 repl-num-values)))
               (or (setq curr (compute (read-string
                           "1st numeric value to replace the `\\#': "
                           (format "%g" (or curr 0))) 'nomsg))
                   (error "entered value is not numeric. Error !"))
               (or (and expr (stringp expr))
                   (setq expr " "))
               (while (string-match "\376" expr)
                   (aset expr (match-beginning 0) ?#))
               (setq expr (read-string
                           "expression to compute next numric value: " expr))
               (or (string-match "[^\\]#" (concat " " expr))
                   (setq expr (concat "\376" expr)))
               (while (string-match "[^\\]#" (concat " " expr))
                   (aset expr (match-beginning 0) ?\376))
               (setq fmt  (read-string
                           "format of the replacing number: " fmt))
               (setq cycl (string-to-int (read-string
                           "How many times before computing new value (cycle): "
                           (format "%d" (or cycl 1)))))
               (setq cldn (string-to-int (read-string
                           "Where in the cycle are we now (full cycle = 0): "
                           (format "%d" (or cldn 0)))))
               (setq repl-num-values (list curr expr fmt cycl cldn)))))

(defun get-replace-what ()
  "get option for query replace: All, 1, None or Veto (all)" (interactive "P")
       (aref (downcase (read-string "(A)ll lines, (1), (N)one, (V)eto-all: "))
0))

(defun replace-this-one (FIXEDCASE LITERAL COUNT)
  "Create replacement for this one. Used when replacement string contains \\#.
See help for variables: `repl-string' & `repl-num-values'.
This function gets 3 arguments, FIXEDCASE & LITERAL are the same as for
`replace-match', COUNT is replacement count, it is <0 if last replacement was
not really done (query-replace), else it is the real next count (1st=0)."
       (let ((curr (nth 0 repl-num-values))
             (expr (nth 1 repl-num-values))
             (fmt  (nth 2 repl-num-values))
             (cycl (nth 3 repl-num-values))
             (cldn (nth 4 repl-num-values))
             (last (nth 5 repl-num-values))    ;; last replacement string or nil
             (saved-match (match-data))        ;; save match data (must !!)
             (comp-tmp (intern "\376"))        ;; next value in compute
             p1 p2 rplc)                       ;; temp for compute
           (and (or (>= COUNT 0)               ;; last was replaced
                    (null last))               ;; there was not last
               (progn
                   (setq cldn (1+ cldn))       ;; place within the cycle
                   (setq p2 (format fmt curr)) ;; new replace string
                   (setq rplc repl-string)
                   (setq last "")              ;; NEW last
                   (while (setq p1 (string-match "[^\\]\\\\#" (concat " "
rplc)))
                       (setq last (concat last (substring rplc 0 p1) p2))
                       (setq rplc (substring rplc (+ p1 2))))
                   (setq last (concat last rplc))
                   (if (>= cldn cycl)          ;; end of cycle reached ?
                       (progn
                           (setq cldn 0)       ;; next cycle start
                           (set comp-tmp curr) ;; for intermediate computation
                           (setq curr (compute expr 'NOMSG)))) ;; new value
                   (setq repl-num-values (list curr expr fmt cycl cldn last))
                   (set-match-data saved-match)))    ;; restore match data
(must !)
           last))                              ;; return last as replacement

(defun replace-txt (arg)
  "get search & replace strings, and replace option, then do replacement
prefix arg may be: 0-word replace, 1-regular expression, else-string"
  (interactive "P")
       (get-replace-string arg)
       (let ((all-lines (get-replace-what))
             (rplc (if (car repl-num-values)
                   'replace-this-one       ;; call this function for each
replace
                   repl-string)))          ;; normal replacing string
           (cond
               ((= all-lines ?a)
                   (if search-indicator
                       (if (= search-indicator 0)
                           (replace-string search-string rplc t)
                           (replace-regexp search-string rplc))
                       (replace-string search-string rplc)))
               ((= all-lines ?1)
                   (replace-next arg))
               ((= all-lines ?v)
                   (if search-indicator
                       (if (= search-indicator 0)
                           (query-replace search-string rplc t)
                           (query-replace-regexp search-string rplc))
                   (query-replace search-string rplc))))))

(defun replace-next (arg)
"Repeat last replace foreward (once, no query). Can be undone by UNDO only"
  (interactive "P")
       (locate-next arg)
       (if (car repl-num-values)
           (replace-this-one t t 1)
           (replace-match repl-string t)))

(defun replace-previous (arg)
"Repeat last replace backward (once, no query). Can be undone by UNDO only"
  (interactive "P")
       (locate-previous arg)
       (if (car repl-num-values)
           (replace-this-one t t 1)
           (replace-match repl-string t)))

(defun replace-all (arg)
"Repeat last replace on the whole file without asking.
Can be undone by UNDO only !" (interactive "P")
       (if (string-equal search-string "")
           (progn
               (get-search-string arg)
               (get-replace-string arg)))
       (let ((rplc (if (car repl-num-values)
                   'replace-this-one       ;; call this function for each
replace
                   repl-string)))          ;; normal replacing string
           (if search-indicator
               (if (= search-indicator 0)
                   (replace-string search-string rplc t)
                   (replace-regexp search-string rplc))
               (replace-string search-string rplc))))

(defun replace-regexp-whole-buffer (REGEXP TO-STRING)
"Replace REGEXP in the whole buffer with TO-STRING (exactly as is).
Saves cursor position. Can be undone by UNDO only !"
       (let ((pos (point-marker)))
           (goto-char (point-min))
           (while (re-search-forward REGEXP nil t)
               (replace-match TO-STRING t t))
           (goto-char pos)))

(defun replace-string-whole-buffer (STRING TO-STRING)
"Replace STRING in the whole buffer with TO-STRING (exactly as is).
Saves cursor position. Can be undone by UNDO only !"
       (let ((pos (point-marker)))
           (goto-char (point-min))
           (while (search-forward STRING nil t)
               (replace-match TO-STRING t t))
           (goto-char pos)))

(defun unix2pc-lf ()
  "Translate all LF (\\n) to CR-LF (\\r\\n) - for the WHOLE buffer."
(interactive)
       (replace-string-whole-buffer "\n" "\r\n"))

(defun pc2unix-crlf ()
  "Translate all CR-LF (\\r\\n) to LF (\\n) - for the WHOLE buffer.
Drop ^Z (\\032) if it is the last char of the (MSDOG) file."
       (interactive)
           (replace-string-whole-buffer "\r\n" "\n")
           (and (= (char-after (1- (point-max))) 26)   ;;is it ^Z ?
                (delete-region (1- (point-max)) (point-max))))

;;------------- changes to query-replace-map -----------------

(define-key query-replace-map "?" 'help)
(define-key query-replace-map "Y" 'act)
(define-key query-replace-map "N" 'skip)
(define-key query-replace-map "Q" 'exit)
(define-key query-replace-map "r" 'act-and-show)
(define-key query-replace-map "R" 'act-and-show)
(define-key query-replace-map "s" 'act-and-show)
(define-key query-replace-map "S" 'act-and-show)
(define-key query-replace-map "a" 'automatic)
(define-key query-replace-map "A" 'automatic)
(define-key query-replace-map "p" 'backup)
(define-key query-replace-map "P" 'backup)
(define-key query-replace-map "b" 'backup)
(define-key query-replace-map "B" 'backup)

(setq query-replace-help (concat query-replace-help "
\n added options:
previous match: ^, b, B, p, P
replace:        space, y, Y
replace & wait: \",\", r, R, s, S
replace all:    !, a, A
skip:           Backspace, n, N"))

--
 Ehud Karni     Mivtach - Simon  Insurance   /"\
 Tel: +972-3-6212-757 Fax: +972-3-6292-544   \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign