Segfault While Compiling

From: David Wheeler
Subject: Segfault While Compiling
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 18:31:54 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

I've downloaded the Emacs 20.7 sources and have just attempted to compile
them on a new Yellow Dog Linux 2.0 installation on an Apple Powerbook G4
Titanium. The configure seems to be fine, and the make appears to be
nearly complete when I get a core dump. Here's the relevant output:

  ./temacs -batch -l loadup dump
  make[1]: *** [emacs] Segmentation fault (core dumped)
  make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/emacs-20.7/src'
  make: *** [src] Error 2

I get the same error whether I simply call

  ./configure

or

  ./configure powerpc-yellowdog-linux-gnu

The gcc version is 2.95.3.

If anyone could point me in the right direction to get this resolved, I
would greatly appreciate it!

TIA,

David

--
David Wheeler                                         AIM: dwTheory
David@Wheeler.net                                     ICQ: 15726394