RE: Where can I find a X-windows nt-emacs binary version?

From: Nicolas Brouard
Subject: RE: Where can I find a X-windows nt-emacs binary version?
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 16:02:34 +0200

-----Message d'origine-----
De : halo1@zahav.net.il [mailto:halo1@zahav.net.il]De la part de Eli
Zaretskii
Envoyé : mercredi 19 septembre 2001 15:37
Cc : help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

>You can't, sorry: GNU Emacs cannot be built with Cygwin and X support.

I know that there are some versions of X-emacs who do it but I preferred
nt-emacs 20.7 to keep the other directories intact. So, I downloaded the
sources and tried to configure it with ./configure and it ask me for a
MACHINE: i686-pc-cygwin . Did anyone try to make the config by adapting it
from Linux. My only experience to compile X-windows program on Xfree86 and
gcc from cygwin is with 'xfig' wich has been installed very nicely on my W2K
platform. I did not compile gnu-Emacs since some years with IBM/AIX...

Nicolas Brouard
Institut national d'études démographiques
 Paris
mailto:Brouard@INED.FR