Meta function keys bindings

From: Chuck Gooden
Subject: Meta function keys bindings
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 21:52:37 -0500

 I am attempting to bind commands to function keys in emacs (ver
19.34 I think).  I have the normal function keys bound using global-
set-key commands in my .emacs file.

However, I am unable to get the Meta Function keys to work using
commands of the form:

(global-set-key [M-f2] 'undo)  or  (global-set-key [META f2] 'undo)

However, I can enter the bindings interactivly as in:

M-x global-set-key ESC F2 undo

and C-H b shows the binding and the command works as expected.

Could someone please tell me how to do this in my .emacs file.

Thanks,

Chuck Gooden - N9QBT
Rockford, Illinois