emacs RPMs?

From: Tom Roche
Subject: emacs RPMs?
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 18:39:13 -0500

I recently requested privileges on an RHL (probably 7.1) server that
I'm using for a project, in order to install GNU emacs 21 and "some
packages" (e.g. tramp, cperl-mode, html-helper, JDE, pcl-cvs). I was
told

> *rpms for everything. With almost no exceptions, every file in the
> /usr tree (/usr/local excepted) must be trackable by package
> management.

> *If you build an rpm, or get a non-RedHat rpm, please deposit it
> somewhere -- in /rootm I guess. For self-built RPMS, leave the
> source rpm somewhere.

I would appreciate directions toward places where I'm likely to find
either

* RPMs for the above (preferred :-)

* good RPM-building HOWTOs

TIA, Tom_Roche@ncsu.edu