mac-emacs, was: Tramp in Emacs 21?

From: Tom Roche
Subject: mac-emacs, was: Tramp in Emacs 21?
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 12:47:29 -0500 (EST)

Tom Roche <Tom_Roche@ncsu.edu> Mon, 12 Nov 2001 13:39:23 -0500

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@is.elta.co.il> Wed, 14 Nov 2001 14:58:22 +0200
> as for the fact that the Mac port was available before the Windows
> one: it's simply because of administrative problems that prevented
> the person who compiled the Windows binaries from having write
> access to the appropriate directory. There's no real problem here,
> and nothing to talk about.

I didn't mean to imply that there was a problem; I meant merely to
"give props" to Andrew Choi and whoever else works on mac-emacs.
Unfortunately IMHO emacs folks tend not to think of the mac as an
"emacs-capable" platform, and mac folks (at least the ones I know)
tend not to be aware of emacs, or gnu tools generally. (or cmdline
anything :-)

broadening horizons? or failing ?-) Tom_Roche@ncsu.edu