ispell problem with german umlaute

From: Mark Schaer
Subject: ispell problem with german umlaute
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 15:19:08 +0100

hello,

When I run ispell, it refuese to recognize some (not
all!) words with german umlaut o".

example:

 the word <Ko"nig> is marked als unknown again and
again, it is also beeing insertet in the user-
dictionary multiply, whenn i repestedly spellcheck
the same file.

strangely, other umlaute as a" work fine.

I have checked the file deutsch.aff, itseems ok.

The whole thing seems very strange, can anyone tell
me where I should search for the problem?

Thanks Mark
--
Mark Schaer
Eidg. Institut fuer Schnee- und Lawinenforschung