text in columns

From: Dave Setchell
Subject: text in columns
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 09:59:01 -0800 (PST)

Hello,
    I realize that this is probably in the 'info'
documentation, but I am new to emacs and unix and
can't find it.  I wish to have two and three column
text (i.e. a newspaper) in the same file without
having to effectivly hand format it as I would on a
typwriter.  If this is possible -and I think it is b/c
I found how to split multi-column text into seperate
'windows'- please let me know how by e-mailing me at
caryatid23@yahoo.com. Thank you very much
                        Dave Setchell