RE: Grey on Grey is hard to read

From: Bingham, Jay
Subject: RE: Grey on Grey is hard to read
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 14:39:07 -0600

Bruce,

Type C-h a colors <ret>
You will see a list of the commands that have the word color in them.
The first should be list-colors-display.
Also in the list is the method to invoke the command and a description
of the command.  On my system it says to invoke list-colors-display hold
down Control while pressing mouse 2 then select display colors from the
menu that is displayed.  This will show you the colors that are
available.

To set the font and background colors in a mode you need to read about
the mode in the .el file for the mode.  Follow the instructions in it
for setting the colors.  Depending on the mode it could be very easy or
it could be more complex.  It will be easy if the variables for the
colors are defined with a defvar construct.  If they are you can just
copy the defvar statements to your .emacs and change them to the colors
that you want.  When the .el for the mode is loaded the defvars in it
that you have already defined will be ignored.

J_)
C_)ingham
.    COMPAQ NonStop Integrity Systems
.    Austin, TX
. Language is the apparel in which your thoughts parade in public.
. Never clothe them in vulgar and shoddy attire. -Dr. George W. Crane-