Re: Tabs at end of lines in C++ mode

From: Michael P. Soulier
Subject: Re: Tabs at end of lines in C++ mode
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 07:22:37 -0500

On 18/12/01 Matt Davies did speaketh:

> Hi,
>
> I like putting comments at end of lines of code and I space out my code using
> tabs.  However the tabs key does not work at the end of a line.  How can I
> change it so it does?

Sounds like you want the tab-to-tab-stop function, which is typically bound to
M-i. It's not that the tab key doesn't work, it's just bound to a function
like indent-for-mode.

    C-h k TAB

    will show you what function the tab key is calling. You can always rebind
it if you don't like it.

Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@mcss.mcmaster.ca>, GnuPG pub key: 5BC8BE08
of nerd-like effort."  -Harley Hahn, A Student's Guide to Unix