What causes "Symbol's function definition is void: non-empty-name-p"

From: Bruce Korb
Subject: What causes "Symbol's function definition is void: non-empty-name-p"
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 11:16:49 -0800

I am trying to save a file and this message comes up.
It seems to be data dependent and there is nothing
I can do about it except throw away the file contents.
(Well, ok, actually I x-clip the contents and bring up
vi.)  I have no clue about what triggers it.
"non-empty-name-p" does not appear in either ~/.emacs
nor in my *.el files in the emacs installation directory.

- Bruce