Overwrite marked region when pasting like in xemacs

From: Lars Gustafsson
Subject: Overwrite marked region when pasting like in xemacs
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 20:21:54 +0100

Is there a way of making Emacs over-write a marked region when paste is used, the way XEmacs is configured. In other when you mark a region, press M-w, mark another region and press C-y the region that was copied will appear where the cursor is. The region which was marked later will not be over-written in Emacs but in XEmacs it will.

Another question: I downloaded the latest version (xemacs-21.4.5-windows) of XEmacs and installed it but there is no c-mode, c++-mode or java-mode. Is there a version that has that, or what did I do wrong?

Regards, Lars