customize problem 2: invisible item titles

From: Thomas L Roche
Subject: customize problem 2: invisible item titles
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 13:37:34 -0500

I'm running GNU Emacs 21.1.1 (i386-msvc-nt5.0.2195) of 2001-10-22, but
I've only been running 21 for a few weeks. In 20.* I had no
(substantive) problems using customize. But as soon as I opened a
customize-group to deal with a recent problem, I noticed something
very annoying. E.g., in

----------------------------------------------------\
>       State: something in this group has been set and saved.
>    Run a `find' command and dired the output.

> Find Ls Option: Hide

In the Customize Group buffer, the "Find Ls Option" is invisible. It's
there, because I was able to copy the above region from the Customize
Group buffer and paste it here, so I assumed the problem resulted from
the face used to display "Find Ls Option".

Solution: customize-group custom-faces, and look for invisible sample
tags.

FWIW, Tom Roche <tlroche@us.ibm.com>