emacs 21.1 question

From: Tom Wurgler
Subject: emacs 21.1 question
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 16:11:20 -0500 (EST)

Using GNU emacs 21.1 on HP-UX 11.0, compiled with HP's ansi c.

I have a user that wants to have the menu picks dealing with filenames etc
to do the same thing the keystroke would have done.

For example,

File>Open File

pops up a file select dialog box and lets the user click on the file he wants.

Whereas

M-x find-file

prompts the user in the minibuffer.  This is the behavior he wants even from the
menu.  This is how v 20.7 did it.  Is there a variable or whatever I can set to
get the old behavior?

Thanks!

tom

Tom Wurgler                             The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
Principal Engineer                      Tire-Vehicle Engineering Technology
Phone:         330-796-1656             Technical Center D/460G
Fax:           330-796-3292             P.O.Box 3531
internet mail: twurgler@goodyear.com    Akron, Ohio 44309-3531