Multiple Major Modes in one File.

From: D. Towner
Subject: Multiple Major Modes in one File.
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 10:21:05 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

I am using a language which allows ASM, VHDL and C to be embedded in the
same source file. Is there any way in which I can get the major modes
c-mode, vhdl-mode etc to operate on the different parts of the file, but
leave everything else alone. That is, when I am editing a portion written
in C, it will indent according to the rules of C, but use different indent
rules when I am in a section of VHDL.

thanks,

 Dan.

Dan Towner                           |

Computer Science Department          | Email: D.W.Towner@bristol.ac.uk
University of Bristol                | Web:   http://www.cs.bris.ac.uk/~towner
Merchant Venturers Building          | Phone: 44 (0)117 954 5256
Woodland Road, Bristol, UK           |
BS8 1UB                              |