Re: Set background color

From: Greg Hill
Subject: Re: Set background color
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 13:58:07 -0800

The command M-x list-colors-display will give you a list of all the colors that are available.

If you are using X Windows, you can put commands like these in your .Xdefaults file:

Emacs.Background: Black
Emacs.Foreground: White

You could put commands like these in your .emacs file:

(set-background-color "Black")
(set-foreground-color "White")
(set-cursor-color "White")
(set-mouse-color "White")

But these commands apply to only the current frame.  Commands that create additional frames would revert to the default colors.

--Greg