RE: shell command output question

From: Bingham, Jay
Subject: RE: shell command output question
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 11:50:27 -0500

The following will work as long as there is only one new line in the string and
it is at the end of the string:

(setq load-path (cons (split-string (shell-command-to-string
        "your_command") "\n") load-path)))

>From what you are trying to do I assume that "your command" will be something
>like "echo $PATH".  You can access environment variables with the command
>getenv

So you could accomplish the same with:

(setq load-path (cons (getenv "PATH") load-path)))

J_)
C_)ingham
.    COMPAQ NonStop Integrity Systems
.    Austin, TX
. Language is the apparel in which your thoughts parade in public.
. Never clothe them in vulgar and shoddy attire. -Dr. George W. Crane-