Re: emacs 21.2.1 slow over DSL

From: Chuck Bernard
Subject: Re: emacs 21.2.1 slow over DSL
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 11:34:16 -0700

Dave,

I have also just upgraded to 21.2.1 (also from 20.7.1).

I have a DSL line at home and work from there occasionally.   Unfortunately, I
haven't yet tried the new version of emacs from home yet.  Your comments
worry me so I will do that tonight and post the results.

For comparison sakes:

My DSL line is capped at 780kbps and I am running the above versions of
emacs on Solaris 2.7 on an Ultra 10 Sparc Station.  My connection to the office
is through a VPN box which sits on my network at home with a matching box
at the office. Nothing real state of the art anymore.   At home I'm running
the Xfree86 X-server on a 450Mhz G4 Mac running Mac OS X.

//Chuck