problem with lisp programming

From: Sven Klose
Subject: problem with lisp programming
Date: 22 May 2002 16:51:59 +0200

hello emacs users,

i was running in some trouble while programming a small emacs macro.

what i want to do is
1) start the terminal-emulator
2) use a small script as the shell
3) after finishing the terminal-emulator, the content of the file ~/.acc
should be inserted into the buffer from where the terminal-emulator was
called.

i added the following lines to my ~/.emacs file:
----------------
(setq explicit-shell-file-name "/home/sk/.emacs_dummy_bash")
(fset 'acc "\M-xterm")
(fset 'adone "\C-u\C-[!cat ~/.acc");
----------------

if i type \M-xacc, emacs executes ~/.emacs_dummy_bash and when i type
\M-xadone, the content of the file ~/.acc is in my buffer, but i don't
want to kill the *terminal* buffer after the shell is terminated, change
to the original buffer and type \M-xadoneto get the content of ~/.acc.
this should be done by a macro but i don't knew how to do it. this was
my first contact with the lisp programming language so i'm not really
good in lisp programming.

any help would be aprechiated.

greets sven

DT Netsolution GmbH - Talaeckerstr. 30 - D-70437 Stuttgart
Tel: +49-711-849910-18             Fax: +49-711-849910-918
WEB: http://www.dtnet.de/       mailto:sven.klose@dtnet.de