Re: [ERC] wanna have C-a take me to after prompt..

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [ERC] wanna have C-a take me to after prompt..
Date: 19 Jun 2002 10:41:29 +0900

D. Goel <deego@glue.umd.edu> writes:
> In other words, pressing C-a twice does *not* seem to take you to the
> beginning of prompt.   IMHO, it would be more convenient if the second
> C-a directly took you to the beg of prompt, as Lawrence's code
> achieved.

Completely disagree.  99% of the time you don't want to be inside the
prompt, and having C-a at the beginning of the line jump there would
simply be confusing.  For the remaining 1%, it's easy enough to type
`C-b C-a'.

-Miles
--
o The existentialist, not having a pillow, goes everywhere with the book by
  Sullivan, _I am going to spit on your graves_.