Re: end of file

From: fabrice bauzac
Subject: Re: end of file
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 16:22:54 +0200

On Thu, Jul 04, 2002 at 04:54:28PM +0200, Guillaume Blanc wrote:

> When I read a file using emacs, it does not see a end of file and
> create new white line at the bottom. This is not very conveniant.
> Is there a way to disable this behavior?

Just set next-line-add-newlines to nil.

Type M-x set-variable RET next-line-add-newlines RET nil RET to change
it for your current GNU Emacs session.

Add the following line to your GNU Emacs configuration file,
e.g. ~/.emacs, so that it is done on startup.

(setq next-line-add-newlines nil)

For help on a particular keystroke, such as the "down arrow", type:
C-h k and the press the down arrow key.

Maybe you want to read the documentation about view-mode, type:
C-h i d m Emacs RET g Misc File Ops RET

--
fabrice bauzac
Software should be free.  http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/why-free.html