Re: lisp, emacs-lisp

From: fabrice bauzac
Subject: Re: lisp, emacs-lisp
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 14:11:00 +0200

On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 08:13:13AM +0000, Iosu Arizkuren wrote:

> Hi, I'm trying to change a variable in the ispell.el,

> I've done an entry in the menu for my own speller, when I click
> there it does (setq ispell-program-name "myspeller") and then
> (ispell-buffer), then it stays permanently even if I do (setq
> ispell-program-name "ispell") just after. It doesn't change to
> ispell.

Maybe this variable is buffer-local in some buffers?  Buffer-local
variables take precedence over Emacs-wide, "normal" variables.  I read
it in the documentation: (elisp)Buffer-local Variables.

However, this variable doesn't seem to be normally buffer-local...  I
don't know.

If it doesn't work, maybe you could send some code so that we have
more information about what happens?

--
fabrice bauzac
Software should be free.  http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/why-free.html