.emacs file to act like Visual C++

From: Ryan Boder
Subject: .emacs file to act like Visual C++
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 17:26:42 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, I am using emacs/g++ in a project where the other developers are using
Visual C++. I would to have my c++-mode alignment and all be the same as
theirs so that I can continue to do so.

1. Is there a .emacs file that is maintained or that some one on the list
has that accomplishes this?

or

2. The most important thing is that curly braces are aligned with if
statements and for/while loops when placed on the line beneath them, not 2
spaces over which is the default for emacs. Can some one tell me how to do
that?

Sorry if this is common knowledge, but I couldn't find the answer on the
web.

Ryan